Thursday 16 August 2012

Scribble...it's all beginning...

As the title say its all beginning for me....I feel like a small seed in a huge dumpster of earth...fighting to sprout up and be seen... Be noticed...

I've been working hard over the past year developing and nurturing my small design business called Doodlebugs  ...customised hand drawn children's artwork....well that's how it started I'd drag my self along to boutique market after boutique market...getting ordering and then working in the studio to follow through...this was all great and to be honest a lot of fun...but it was a lot of work...so I wasn't spending a lot of time nurturing my business..letting it grow .  Locally my business reputation and name is well known and over the past year through the money I have made I have managed to set myself up with technology and tools to assist in the production of these pieces.   I even helped to set up a local boutique market called The littleme market, I became the main sponsor!  But now I want to re assess my business idea...the products I create... The sustainable approach I will take...the hours I will work... The finances I will need ... There is a lot to consider.  The customised artwork that I have been creating I enjoy but each one takes a huge amount of time and Financially it will not work.  So I have decided that the drawing style I have created is strong and I feel I could take this commercially out of the cottage industry arena ... Turn Doodlebugs into a bigger seedling.... Make a dream come true!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment